Mercy Elite Strength and Conditioning Coach provides sports performance training to contracted teams and athletes as a Trinity Elite Sports Performance staff member. Trainer will work under the supervision/direction of the Mercy Elite Sports Performance Manager and Mercy Elite Program Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides performance training services for TrinityElite Sports Performance contracted teams and athletes
- Provides supervision and education to Strength and Conditioning Student Interns.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Mary Mercy Hospital/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Maintains knowledge to perform the duties of the job. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Mary Mercy Livonia/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- High School diploma/GED Completed course work and have obtained certification in exercise training.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in exercise science or other related field pertaining to training fitness and/or sports strength and conditioning .
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) accreditation through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).