This position is responsible for providing, strength/conditioning, and programming to student athletes as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director-Student Wellness/Risk Management.
- Design and implement exercise programs to improve strength, agility, speed, and conditioning for the University Athletic Programs. Monitor and adjust plan as necessary to optimize athletic performance.
- Develop individualized rehabilitation programs for injured athletes in accordance with Sports Medicine Department.
- Ability to work effectively with college athletes and demonstrate proper exercise techniques.
- Responsibilities also include assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of the athletic facilities including inspecting and maintaining exercise equipment and scheduling repairs as necessary.
- Share in managing the daily function of the fitness facility, including opening and closing facility in a timely manner per university schedule.
- Ensure proper organization of facility to include re-racking weights, bars, and weighted balls to appropriate places.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Required certification: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- AED/CPR and current First Aid Certification.
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science Preferred.