Strength and Conditioning Coaches tasks/goals at designated Army installation are to reduce medical attrition and increase Military readiness. SCCs will improve BDE readiness through Army specific functional fitness training programs, in accordance with (IAW) Field Manual (FM) 7-22 and designed to meet each BDE’s Program of Instruction (POI) requirements. Services will target musculoskeletal (MSK) injury prevention and reconditioning education services.
- SCCs will perform services IAW the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or the Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) Scope of Practice.
- SCCs will be embedded at the BDE level. Most work will be performed in a Military training environment (i.e. fitness centers/gyms, BDE or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the SPRC).
- SCCs will be required to observe BDE and below (i.e. BN, company, platoon, squad, team) specific training events (e.g., obstacle courses, combatives, training areas).
- Support quality assurance efforts, ensuring all work performance aligns with H2F objectives
- SCCs may be embedded within H2F Performance Teams across BDEs at various Government installations