UAB athletics core values are to graduate with honors, win championships, and make a difference. With over 350 student-athletes competing throughout UAB's 18 sports programs, the department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to providing all the necessary resources for student-athletes to compete successfully for NCAA and C-USA championships while working toward a degree from the state's leading public research university.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to Head Coach and team members regarding the progress of each student athlete.
- Testing and evaluation of student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Disseminate testing results and data analysis as needed to effectively demonstrate progress.
- Develop return-to-play protocols for safe return of injured student-athletes and strong ability to modify and regress exercises/workouts quickly based on injury.
- Prepare and distribute recruiting information and participates in campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience required.
- Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Certified through a nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification program required.