The Coach provides strength and conditioning services under the direction of the UHS Sports Medicine Field Manager. Will develop and maintain strength and conditioning programs for local area athletes of all settings.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provides strategies to identify and reduce injury potential, deliver enhancements components to current programs, and increase and sustain optimum performance levels of program athletes.
- Assists with performance education via workshops, clinics, camps or classes on various strength and conditioning topics.
- Administers testing for evaluation of effectiveness of current strength and condition program and athlete performance.
- Conducts group and individual exercise consultations and recommendations for UHS Sports Performance athletes to include cardiovascular, strength, balance, agility, power and flexibility.
- Coordinates and instructs the organization’s strength and conditioning program in accordance with the UHS Sports Performance goals.
- Applies a working knowledge of the governing performance, strength and conditioning and physical training programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, and other established guidelines as needed along with the understanding of the needs of the organization being served.
- Works directly with the United Health Services Sports Medicine team as a key member in referral of athletes and associates.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, or related field.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification (CSCS) within twelve (12) months of employment.
- 2 years experience working with high school, college or professional athletes under a strength and conditioning model.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.