Carry out all areas of strength and conditioning for assigned teams while adhering to NCAA, Big Ten Conference, University and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures. In addition, the Strength and Conditioning Coach will support in the daily operation of the facilities and other duties as assigned. Finally, the Strength & Conditioning Coach will also carry out additional administrative duties as assigned.
- Individual programs when necessitated.
- Conduct fitness testing, computation of results, and evaluation.
- Collaboration with fellow Student-Athlete Health and Welfare teammates and sport coaching personnel to monitor, assess and develop protocols for training loads, neuromuscular fatigue, recovery, athlete readiness, and other performance factors.
- Provide punctual, written and verbal, reports to fellow Student-Athlete Health and Welfare teammates and coaching personnel as needed.
- Ensure that your assigned teams are receiving equitable levels of service at all times. All of our teams are a priority.
- Instruct proper lifting technique and assist in spotting when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coach / Sport Performance Coach (or equivalent: Totten Training Systems, UKSCA, BAWLA, etc.).
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience in the sports performance/strength and conditioning field.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a member of a team, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, stand for long periods, work in various environmental conditions, and assist injured individuals on / off playing surfaces.
- Demonstrated track record creating positive, high-energy, productive and supportive working relationships with student athletes, coaches, fellow strength & conditioning teammates and fellow Student-Athlete Health and Welfare teammates.