The University of Pikeville in Pikeville, Kentucky seeks a dynamic and creative Strength and Conditioning Coach. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a strength and conditioning programs for all sports, with the three major goals of improving athletic performance, reducing athletic injuries, and teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills.
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in‐season, off‐season, and preseason for all school‐sanctioned male and female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research driven practices and our country's Long‐Term Athletic/Fitness Development Model.
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with the Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards Guidelines.
- Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Conduct an annual needs analysis for each sport team in conjunction with the sport coaches and the team’s athletic trainer at the conclusion of each sport season.
- BS in Kinesiology or related field. Master's preferred.
- Minimum experience of 2-3 years in field.
- A current relevant professional certification credentialed by an independent accreditation agency—for example, the NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) certification.
- Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillation (A ED) certifications.
- A strong working knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of strength training.
- Experience and/or expertise in strength and conditioning programming for collegiate populations.
- Strong motivational abilities.