Lane College, NCAA Division II, located in Jackson, Tennessee invites applicants for the position of Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics. Lane College is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC).
- Utilization and understanding of the NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Designs and implements strength training and conditioning programs in-season, off-season, and pre-season for all school-sanctioned male and female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research-driven practices and our country's Long-Term Athletic/Fitness Development Model.
- Works in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitates a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Designs and implements policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with the NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Develops systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Master's Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years experience required, preferably on the NCAA collegiate level.
- Must be First Aid, AED, and CPR certified.
- Must meet all licensing requirements as required by the NCAA, including certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association and Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time and be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Overnight travel at a minimum of 50% of the time.