Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of strength and conditioning for 17 NCAA athletic programs as well as provide oversight of the university's fitness centers. This position along with every member of the university is responsible for cultivating an environment that is welcoming and inclusive to every member of the community.
- Designing the annual strength & conditioning programs for 17 varsity sports.
- Collaborate with head coaches to design and implement sport-specific year round training programs.
- Provide instruction to individuals and teams on proper multi-joint sport movements to enhance power, speed, and flexibility.
- Collaborate with Athletic Training staff to devise injury prevention strategies and assist in the reconditioning of student-athletes returning to activity from injury.
- Hiring, training, and supervising student staff along with potential strength and conditioning interns.
- Create protocols and polices associated with strength and conditioning to ensure the health and safety of all members of the campus community.
- Develop policies and procedures on the proper maintenance of equipment.
- Provide instructional opportunities appropriate to fitness, strength, and wellness to students, staff and faculty.
- Required NCAA accepted certification in strength and conditioning.
- Required certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or comparable experience in planning and leading strength and conditioning activity.
- Experience in college setting is preferred.
- Must possess a valid divers license, have the ability to work nights and weekends, and able to lift heavy objects.
- Knowledge of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Knowledge of current strength and conditioning techniques.