The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for developing, coordinating and administering a comprehensive preventative and rehabilitative strength training program for student-athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and coordinate a comprehensive strength and conditioning program.
- Perform professional and administrative services essential for the success of the program.
- Administer test-in workouts during physical examinations.
- Maintain records on all student-athletes.
- Track student-athlete injuries and treatments in conjunction with the athletic training staff.
- Design and implement preseason, in-season and out-of-season programs for student-athletes.
- Communicate effectively with coaches and athletic training staff.
- Abide by NSCA code of ethics.
- Assist coaches in teaching student athletes the NAIA Champions of Character Core Values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Servant Leadership, and Sportsmanship.
- Work with the university to foster alumni relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports medicine, kinesiology, strength and conditioning or other related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- NSCA CSCS certification required, USAW and CSCC, additionally, preferred.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification required, with instructor certification preferred
- Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.