The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, proud members of the American Hockey League (AHL), is seeking a full-time Strength & Conditioning Coach. This position will manage all areas of the team’s Strength & Conditioning program and report to the Director of High Performance.
- Overseeing the team’s weight room, player workouts, and conditioning of all players.
- Provide a positive atmosphere during workouts and help players maximize their availability and minimize injury.
- Attend and observe training, practice, and performance and use their observations in conjunction with athlete records to assess strengths and weaknesses and design programs accordingly.
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and updated athlete records in order to track athlete progress.
- Perform baseline tests to assess the skills and weaknesses of each individual athlete.
- Assist the Performance team in Pittsburgh during the team main training camp with player testing and with weight room training sessions.
- Maintain the same high standards throughout the season.
- Help collect sports science data and organize it in a way that is helpful to the Head Coach and staff.
- Assist with the development and implementation of player education initiatives in key areas of athlete performance (training, nutrition, sleep, recovery, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Have the ability to work effectively with coaching and operational staff.
- Understand, adhere, and enforce safety procedures.