- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values into all activities.
- Plans and develops fitness programs to implement during small group training classes.
- Observes and discusses individual progress with participants. Develops rapport with members and responds to questions related to fitness.
- Offers alternatives during class to accommodate different fitness levels.
- Monitors participants to ensure safe workout; responds to and reports accidents and incidents.
- Prepares room and equipment prior to class and properly secures room/area and equipment following the class; reports equipment and/or facility problems to supervisor promptly.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency procedures. Reports all incidents and completes reports as required.
- Responds to members' questions and/or concerns.
- Minimum age of18.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- National Personal Training certification (see list below) or Primary Group Fitness Certification (ACE, AFAA, NASM).
- ASHI CPR/AED, Basic First Aid, Oxygen Administration certifications and various YMCA trainings, including Child Abuse Prevention, upon hire.
- Previous experience working as a Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor or Small Group Training Instructor is preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
The YMCA of Greater Houston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.