The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for establishing and maintaining a fitness program to improve athletic performance, prevent injuries, and promote lifelong physical health.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with strategies for the recruitment of athletes to develop a regionally and nationally competitive program.
- Develops systematic training programs for performance improvement and must be able to advise, coach, counsel student-athletes academically, athletically, and socially in support of their goals.
- Works in collaboration with the Athletic Trainer in the rehabilitation and strengthening of student-athletes recovering from injuries.
- Motivates and supervises student-athletes as they work out and assess their performance before and after the program. Develops customized programs from each team’s pre-season, in-season, post-season, and off-season training.
- Effectively Communicates with sport coaches, administrative staff and student-athletes.
- Supports events, game operations, research, hospitality and visiting team communication.
- Establishes and adheres to policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines in compliance with the policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all College, NJCAA, state, and Federal Laws.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to coach, inspire, and mentor student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, service excellence, and responsibility
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests.
- Ability to plan and promote special events.