To organize and facilitate an effective strength and conditioning program for all athletes and teams on the McCaskey campus.
- Posses a thorough understanding of all PIAA and NFHS rules appropriate to the sport.
- Adhere to attendance, eligibility and discipline policies.
- Assist with collection and inventory of equipment.
- Attend scheduled meetings with head coach.
- Attend trainings, clinics, or conferences provided by the head varsity coach or athletic director.
- Attend all JV/Varsity practices which occur prior to the start of the middle school season.
- Communicate regularly with youth coaches running programs which serve as feeder programs.
- Actively recruit students and encourage participation.
- Assist with maintaining student participation during the season.
- Assist with providing team building activities throughout the year.
- Certified Fitness Trainer (preferred).
- CPR training/First Aid training.
- Successful experience teaching strength training and conditioning concepts to athletes and coaches.
- A thorough knowledge of strength training and conditioning and the ability to customize a program for each individual sport and student.
- Knowledge of strength training and conditioning as it applies to in-season and out-of-season athletes.
- Knowledge of strength training and conditioning as it applies to rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Availability on a daily basis to provide scheduled training for in-season and out-of-season teams and athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, parents, faculty members and administrators.