The Washington Spirit is hiring a Strength and Conditioning coach who will lead on the management, planning and delivery of the day-to-day gym based physical training. They will collaborate with the Performance and Medical Staff to ensure a clear philosophy and pathway for player development.
The Strength & Conditioning Coach will:
- Collaborate with the Sport Science Manager to deliver cutting-edge bespoke monitoring, management and development plans.
- Provide Strength and Conditioning support to players during all training sessions and games, with some travel required.
- Lead on the programming and delivery of gym-based strength and conditioning, as well as Return to Play programs and support.
- In collaboration with the Sport Science Manager and PT, develop and implement female-specific movement assessment screening and gym-based profiling, and develop individualized movement correction and development programs.
- In collaboration with the Performance and Medical team, develop a robust athletic development strategy, with emphasis on the testing, monitoring, analysis and visualization of athlete progressions.
- Assist the Sports Science Manager on the programming and delivery of on-field conditioning, warm-ups, speed development and individual development sessions, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health-Related, Kinesiology or Exercise/Sports Science field.
- Master’s degree in Health-related, Kinesiology or Exercise/Sports Science or Performance related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field of elite sports performance.
- Applied Strength and Conditioning experience with elite soccer players (exception may be granted for experience in other professional sports).
- Experience of working with female athletes with an understanding of female physiology preferred.
- Have a passion for innovation and the growth of women’s sport.
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player, with experience of working as part of a Multi-Disciplinary team.
- Good self-awareness, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and friendly demeanor.