The Strength and Conditioning Coach provides sports performance training to contracted teams and athletes as a Trinity Elite Sports Performance staff member. Trainer will work under the supervision/direction of the Trinity Elite Director of Sports Performance and Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Provides supervision and education to Strength and Conditioning Student Interns.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Mary Mercy Hospital/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice. Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Gathers data on performance client, team, and organization status to assist the Director of Sports Performance and Lead Strength Coach in monitoring client progress and response to training.
- Following the plan of care established by the TrinityElite Healthcare team, Director of Sports Performance, Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach consults with other team members to address the needs and capabilities of the client, group, or team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in exercise science or other related field pertaining to training fitness and/or sports strength and conditioning .
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) accreditation through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Completed course work and have obtained certification in exercise training.