The Strength and Conditioning Coach will be an important part of the Miami FC technical staff. Along with roles in the day to day operation and management of first team player care, the Strength and Conditioning Coach will be instrumental in creating and implementing long term physical development plans. This role will require an individual with a movement centered approach to training.
- Develop, implement, teach, and maintain a comprehensive strength and conditioning program in collaboration with technical staff.
- Develop and implement plans for recovery sessions, activations, strength sessions and rehabilitations.
- Develop individual programs for players and coordinate with players to meet goals.
- Ensure players are ready for practice and games by conducting pre-warmup activation and injury prevention sessions.
- Direct on-field movement skill sessions and warm-ups
- Collaborate with Technical staff on testing and assessments.
- Supervise the proper maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Evaluate supplies and equipment needs for weight room.
- Manages the healthcare of players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Maintain Player health records.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
Licenses or Certifications:
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist (Mandatory).
- Maintain personal professional liability insurance.
- One of the following certifications (or multiple): CSCS, UKSCA, ASCA, LMT, PT.
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider.