The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination in the country, with 450,000 sq. ft. of developmental and competitive programs, teams and opportunities in sports, and a wide range of premium fitness, wellness and entertainment experiences.
- Organize effective program design to help athletes and members achieve their health and performance goals.
- Lead training sessions from warm-up and testing through to the end of the session.
- Record and track data relative to each group and its individuals.
- Communicate effectively with parents, athletes, and sport/team coaches.
- Keeping the Director of S&C informed with any issues and work with them to find effective solutions.
- Be an informative resource to members who may have questions regarding groups, training, or any other S&C questions.
- Timely and organized (show up early to set up the training space).
- A reputable Strength & Conditioning certification, that requires continuing education units, within 6 months of hire.
- Experience writing single and multi-phase performance/fitness programs.
- Experience coaching groups and teams.
- Knowledge of exercise and sports sciences.
- Ability to progress and regress exercise/movement skills.
- Great customer service, hospitality and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.