The department of Athletics is currently accepting applications for a Strength and Conditioning Coach for WVU Baseball.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the strength and conditioning programs for teams assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director for Strength and Conditioning-Olympic Sports. Specific sport assignments include baseball and Olympic sport(s) to be determined.
- Design, implement and conduct sport-specific strength and conditioning programs that facilitate maximum benefits for student-athletes including individualized, comprehensive and year-round programs.
- Supervise and instruct student-athletes and coaches in all aspects of weight training, conditioning and nutrition.
- Collaborate with coaches and athletic training staff on the overall conditioning, rehabilitation and welfare of student-athletes.
- Design and maintain student-athlete records and monitor progress of training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Strength and Conditioning coaching experience, preferably at the NCAA Autonomy (Power 5) level.
- Maintain certifications - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- Maintain first aid, AED and CPR certification.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.