Under general direction of the Athletic Director/Assistant Principal, this position is responsible for supporting and providing direction to student athletes so that they have the opportunity to achieve a high level of skill.
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in-season, off-season, and preseason for all school-sanctioned male and female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research driven practices at a high school level.
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and in coordination with the philosophy of the athletic department.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Track participation levels of each program.
- Determine and reinforce expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the school's expectations for curricula and extra-curricular activities, as stated in the school's Student Code of Conduct.
- Successfully complete and/or attend training and educational courses as required.
- Design and implement a schedule for the weight room based on coaching and program needs.