The Strength & Conditioning Coach is responsible for providing expert human performance management services to Ghost Pirates players. The services provided will be at the forefront of industry standards in both the development and delivery of comprehensive sports performance and strength and conditioning interventions.
Professional Practice Responsibilities:
- Maximize the athletic potential of players through the development, instruction, progression, oversight and documentation of individual and group performance enhancements and recovery training activities.
- Continuously follow professional practice, research, and evidence to recommend interventions that elevate player healthcare and performance management.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with other performance team members (team physicians, athletic trainers, massage therapists) to achieve optimal health, wellbeing, and performance of the players; including but not limited consultation and assistance with injury prevention, rehabilitation, return to play activities, recovery, and performance enhancement.
- Plan, implement, assess, and report player performance testing.
- Provide tangible and timely information to the key stakeholders related to athlete performance readiness and physical capacities.
- Research, recommend, and employ technology solutions in order to enhance player wellbeing and performance.
- University-degree and valid certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Master’s degree preferred);
- Valid BLS certification or ability to obtain quickly;
- Additional sports performance related training and certifications preferred;
- 2 years or more relevant work experience;
- Ability to work in team environment with previous sports team experience is essential;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Availability to travel if required;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.