The position of Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for providing programming and coaching that includes but is not limited to motivation, education, and guidance on proper nutrition, conditioning, resistance training, mobility, and recovery to help student-athletes develop to the best of their ability.
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in-season, off-season, and preseason for all school-sanctioned male/female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research driven practices.
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the athletic department staff.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with school’s standards and guidelines.
- Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Conduct an annual needs-analysis for each sport team in conjunction with the sport coach and the team's athletic trainer at the conclusion of each sport season.
- B.S. in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or Human Performance preferred.
- Current standard first aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
- A strong working knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of strength training.
- Experience and/or expertise in strength and conditioning programming for high school populations.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with student athletes, colleagues, and the public.