The Strength and Conditioning Coach in the Athletic Department at Presentation coordinates the weight room schedule, develops and implements a strength training program for student-athletes and teams, and ensures that proper lifting and spotting techniques are being used by all students and adults.
Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
- Design and supervise sport-specific weight training and conditioning programs for all sports at Presentation High School for in-season, off-season, and pre-season.
- Set up and monitor all rules and regulations that are to be followed by all users of the weight room and oversee the safety condition of the weight room.
- Enforce appropriate guidelines for student behavior and decorum in the weight room.
- Teach, demonstrate and provide guidance of proper lifting and spotting techniques to all users (students and adults).
- Work in collaboration with coaches to develop and implement a strength and conditioning program for all teams and individuals.
- Work in cooperation with the athletic trainer in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment in the weight room.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, nutrition or another equivalent is preferred.
- Possess current and valid strength & conditioning certification (i.e., CF level 1 or higher; CSCS; NSCA).
- Current first aid and CPR/AED certification is required.
- Successful experience as strength and conditioning coach, preferably with high school students.
Presentation High School is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups.