The Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the organization and supervision of strength and conditioning activities for St. John Fisher University Athletics. Responsible for management, direction, and oversight of all aspects of a competitive, progressive strength and conditioning program for a 25 sport NCAA Division III athletics program.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with the NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards Guidelines.
- Develop systems for athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Work with Sports Science initiative at the University. Integrate Sports Science data in conjunction with Strength and Conditioning data, using knowledge and experience to assess individual athletes and team/program needs. Help develop training programs according to sound scientific principles.
- Complete an annual budgetary proposal for the program that includes routine maintenance, purchase of new equipment, and staffing needs.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Science, Health and Physical Education, Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology, or related fields.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (NSCA).
- CPR/AED/ First Aid Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of strength and conditioning coaching experience in a team-based environment.
- College related experience a plus.