The University of Oklahoma Athletics Department is seeking a qualified and passionate Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our team. This is a 12month fulltime position that will directly report to the Director of Olympic Sports. This position will support the student athletes and enhance the mission of the University of Oklahoma, the Athletics Department, and Strength staff.
- Current sport assignments softball and other Olympic sports, dependent on candidate's strengths and staff needs.
- Research, develop, design, implement and administer comprehensive yearlong sport specific training programs for student athletes in assigned sports
- Work closely with Nutrition, Psychological resources, and athletic training to create tailored programs consistent with individual student athlete's needs, restrictions, and other needs.
- Work Closely with medical staff in the rehabilitation of athletic and assist with the decision making process to reinstate athletes to practice and competition.
- Provide written and verbal reports to supervisors, coaches, medical staff, and nutrition.
- Provide support to Director of Olympic Sports Enhancement with each facet of the Strength and conditioning program, as well as other duties assigned.
- Assist strength and conditioning unit with program planning and implementation, testing, and data entry.
- Daily maintenance of the facility.
- Ability to champion a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Excellent leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated track record of developing collaborative relationships with both internal and external persons.
- Ability to develop, implement, adjust, and evaluate comprehensive strength & conditioning program.
- Ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, coaches and administrators.
- Ability to recognize potential health risk of student athletes.
- Ability and willingness to engage in continuing education and maintaining professional and health and safety certifications.