The Strength & Conditioning Coach provides expertise, guidance, and training in the area of strength training, agility, and cardio-vascular conditioning for all student-athletes and sports teams at the Texas School for the Deaf. The coach will be responsible for working with head coaches in developing and implementing sport specific training and conditioning programs for both in-season and off-season student-athletes.
- Ensure the safety for all student-athletes in all training activities as part of the overall supervision of weight room and other training facilities.
- Create a sport-specific workout program for all teams and individuals.
- Schedule strength and conditioning workouts in cooperation with the head coach of each specific sport.
- Be present and punctual for all workouts with student-athletes (any change in a scheduled workout must be approved by the head coach of each sport).
- Provide student-athletes with guidance and proper training techniques for free weights and other strength training equipment.
- Provide expertise in the area of strength (weight) training and physical conditioning as requested by the head coaches in all sports on campus.
- Maintain the athletic weight room and keep records of all equipment in the weight room.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must have or be able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within one month of employment.
- Sign Language: At hire, the applicant must have sign language skills equivalent to a Signed Communication Proficiency Inventory (SCPI) level of INTERMEDIATE. When applying, the applicant must submit documentation that the applicant believes substantiates that the applicant has achieved the proficiency level required at hire.