This position provides expertise, guidance, and training in the area of nutrition, strength training, agility, and physical conditioning for all student athletes and sports teams.
- Associate’s degree, Technical degree, or certificate program in strength training or a related field; Successful experience within the last ten (10) years may be substituted on a year for year basis for education.
- Current First Aid and CPR card, or ability to obtain prior to the established start date.
- Valid Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certificate, preferred.
- Two years of strength training experience, preferred.
- Recent experience with K-12 athletes, preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with student and parents who are culturally, racially, and linguistically diverse.
- Design, demonstrate, implement, and supervise a safe and effective strength training and conditioning program for all teams and individuals.
- Provide student athletes with guidance and proper training for free weights and other strength training equipment.
- Be present and punctual for all workouts with student athletes.
- Provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention to student athletes and coaches.
- Maintain athlete records in order to track athlete progress, communicate this information with coaches, and use athlete data in order to assess training program effectiveness.
- Provide emergency or first aid care.
- Properly maintain school facilities including the weight room and equipment.
- Update the building Athletic Director on equipment needs and/or recommended upgrades needed in the weight room.
- Coordinate with building Athletic Director on the purchasing of supplies or equipment.
- Coordinate season schedule with building Athletic Directors and coaches.