The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the management of the Murphy Football Center Weight Room.
- Design and supervise total conditioning programs for football players during pre-season, in-season and off-season periods, in conjunction with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Assistant Athletic Director of Strength and Conditioning and Head Football Coach.
- Develop testing programs to determine the effectiveness of conditioning regimes.
- Ensure proper supervision of student-athletes in the Weight Room, to include providing instructions on safe use of weight machines and free weights.
- Coordinate rehabilitation programs for student-athletes, in conjunction with the Athletics Training staff.
- Assist with the selection, installation, and maintenance of Weight Room equipment, to include proper cleaning and repair.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in Strength & Conditioning.
- Certified through either the CSCCA (Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association) or NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association).