This strength + conditioning coach will primarily instruct, train and coach student-athletes in the women's basketball program and one other assigned sport about performance enhancement theories and techniques (strength, power and conditioning, nutrition, speed, quickness and agility) and instruct student-athletes for purposes of physical health, teamwork and safety. The strength + conditioning coach will have experience working with head coaches and sports medicine staff on issues related to developing, prescribing and implementing sound strength and conditioning programs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two years experience instructing collegiate student-athletes in the areas of strength & conditioning philosophies and techniques.
- Current certification by National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (SCSC) or by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) as Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- Able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of sports nutrition and experience teaching student-athletes on the subject.
- Master's Degree.
- Successful experience in training college or professional basketball or football athletes.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing and implementing year-round strength & conditioning programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in psychology.
- Demonstrated experience in flexibility and injury prevention.
- Demonstrated experience in nutrition education.