The coach will develop the physical strength, speed, endurance, flexibility, and agility of VCSU student-athletes in a positive and motivating environment; design and facilitate customized programs focused on specific needs of each sport in conjunction with respective head coaches; create programs with injury prevention and rehabilitation focuses in conjunction with athletic trainers; maintain up-to-date records for all teams, along with proper testing to measure progression; and oversee, with Staff and Head Coach assistance, team workouts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the collegiate strength and conditioning and/or fitness field.
- Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and/or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa).
- CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Master’s degree.
- Accomplished coaching background.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 3 to 5 years Strength Coaching experience in the high school and/or college setting.