The University of Oklahoma Athletics Department is seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our team. This is a 12 month full time position that will directly report to the Director of Olympic Sports. This position will support the student athletes and enhance the mission of the University of Oklahoma, Athletics Department, and Strength staff. Individual will be responsible for developing and implementing sports specific training programs for individuals and group settings for sports assigned.
- Current sport assignments Rowing, Women’s golf as well as assist with another sport depending on candidates strengths and staffs needs.
- Research, develop, design, implement and administer comprehensive yearlong sport specific training programs for student athletes in assigned sports.
- Work closely with Nutrition, Psychological resources and athletic training to create tailored programs consistent with individual student athletes needs, restrictions and other needs,.
- Work Closely with medical staff in the rehabilitation of athletic and assist with the decisionmaking process to reinstate athletes to practice and competition.
- Provide written and verbal reports to supervisors, coaches, medical staff, and nutrition.
- Provide support to Director of Olympic Sports Enhancement with each facet of the Strength and conditioning program, as well as other duties assigned.
- Assist strength and conditioning unit with program planning and implementation, testing, and data entry.
- Daily maintenance of the facility.
- Must possess a demonstrated track record of developing collaborative relationships with both internal and external persons.
- Ability to develop, implement, adjust, and evaluate comprehensive strength & conditioning program.
- Ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, coaches and administrators.
- Ability to recognize potential health risk of student athletes.
- Ability and willingness to engage in continuing education and maintaining professional and health and safety certifications.
- Ability and willingness to gain and maintain working knowledge of university, Big 12, and NCAA rules and regulations.