410 Fitness is seeking an experienced and passionate Strength & Conditioning Coach to join our team.
The ideal candidate wants to be a part of a close-knit and diverse community, wants to build strong connections with members and understands how to navigate group classes with folks from many different backgrounds and experiences.
The ideal candidate listens to their body, uses positive language when speaking about themselves and others and leads by example.
- Implement safe, fun and effective workouts that cater to individuals with different fitness levels, ages and goals.
- Provide highly personalized feedback, instruction, and motivation
- Create a safe space physically & psychologically and honor every athlete’s relative intensity and individual motivations
- Foster a supportive and inclusive community by using inclusive language, correct pronouns,
actively listening to athletes, and creating a welcoming environment.
- Manage time effectively to ensure classes start and end on time.
- Adapt workouts and coaching style to cater to individual needs and limitations.
- Build a strong rapport with members, know everyone’s names, attend class regularly
- Practice what you preach - lead by example in your movement and language
- Monitor and complete basic weekly cleaning and member engagement tasks
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Functional Fitness Group Coach or a related role.
- Certification with one or more of the following organizations: NSCA, NASM, ACE, ISSA, CF-L2, CSFC, USAW
- Experience coaching Olympic Weightlifting & Gymnastics Skills
- Above par understanding of movement mechanics
- Strong group management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to work 7-10 classes per week with flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to use inclusive language and create a body-positive environment.
- Passion for fitness and commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
A typical class:
- Is 1 hour long
- Has 10-15 members
- Includes a warm-up, strength/skill work/conditioning and accessory work/stretching/mobility
- Hourly pay is based on experience and ranges from $25-$30/hour
- Free membership
- Time and a half pay on holidays
- Opportunities to pitch and execute seminars/workshops in areas of interest