The Strength and Conditioning Coach will develop programs that enhance the strength, conditioning, and movement development for student athletes. The Strength and Conditioning Coach will work collaboratively with the Sports Medicine staff and Varsity Sport Coaches to promote the health, safety, and performance of student athletes. These tasks are to be performed in a manner that professionally, cordially, and efficiently assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Help develop, implement, and monitor daily, weekly, and yearly strength and conditioning programs for assigned varsity sports programs at SWOSU.
- An emphasis on strength and conditioning will play a vital role in the future success of SWOSU athletic teams.
- Ensure the SWOSU weight room meets the standards of excellence in quality and functionality for modern weight training equipment and maintain a clean and safe environment in which to train championship caliber athletes and teams.
- Provide the proper instruction, supervision and compliance of all strength and conditioning related activities.
- The coach’s time will be both 'direct teaching and supervision' for designated sports, to indirect daily and weekly supervision.
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years of strength and conditioning coaching experience.
- Current national strength and conditioning certification is required through the NCAA, must be obtained before employment, and be maintained throughout employment.
- CPR/AED certification and First Aid training are required.
- Extensive knowledge and comprehensive understanding of rules and regulations of NCAA Division II.