- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, Master's degree preferred; and
- Texas Mid-Management or other appropriate Texas Certification, preferred
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the applicant.
- Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program.
- Knowledge of state and UIL policies governing athletics.
- Ability to implement policy and procedures.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Ability to manage budget and personnel and coordinate district function.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and manage district’s athletic program and facilities.
- Establish physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete’s eligibility.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to gauge athletic program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.
- Plan necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.