- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, the State of DE, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil to the extent feasible.
- Teaches physical education classes for handicapped pupils as necessary.
- Teaches the health curriculum.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintains control and organizes storage and use of school-owned property.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.