The NCE Summer Camp Director: Sports coordinates and oversees all day-to-day operations, processes, and procedures to ensure a safe, positive experience for NCE summer sports camp participants (children grades PreK-12). These responsibilities include supervising all summer sports camp staff. The Summer Camp Director: Sports works collaboratively with the Executive Director, Operations Manager, Kids Programmer and Summer Camp Director: Enrichment to implement best practices to uphold NCE’s mission and values.
- 3+ years’ experience working with children in an educational, care, or recreational setting.
- Proven ability to develop successful operational processes and procedures, preferably in the context of children/youth programs or summer camps.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; able to manage both details and the bigger picture.
- Talent for collaborating positively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Adept at learning new software and technologies.
- Positive, customer-service oriented demeanor; calm in a crisis.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure respectful use of facilities by summer sports staff and communicate with NCE central staff should a problem arise.
- Work collaboratively with Summer Camp Director: Enrichment and operations staff to coordinate traffic flow and facility use when both camps are at the same location.
- Inventory existing sports equipment and work with sports instructors, Operations Manager, and the Director of Finance to purchase and maintain needed equipment and supplies in a timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Aquatic Director and Lifeguards, ensuring all required training is completed and that pool schedules reflect required ratios and meet the needs of instructors and campers.
- Oversee support & communication for student special needs, medical, and allergy needs in the summer camps sports programs.
- Participate fully in camp planning meetings, biweekly logistics meetings (during camp operations) and post-camp debrief meetings.