- Must have completed a High School degree or be working towards that degree while employed by the swim team.
- Must be willing to fulfill all swim team responsibilities to the best of the employee’s ability.
- Must be able to take direction and use supervisor’s instruction to continually increase their knowledge and experience in competitive coaching.
- Must accept, demonstrate, and teach the YMCA Character Development Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility throughout their assigned swim team group.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for all swim team participants.
- Provide support to all swim team staff members and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively with all swim team parents and participants.
- Assist with Meet Management during swim meets. Including entries, setup, and breakdown as requested.
- Attend all staff meetings and training opportunities as requested.
- Document daily attendance and training plans.