Looking for a Physical Education, Health and Wellness Educator to organize games and challenges that promote physical activity, lifelong wellness and social-emotional skills in the context of a three-week summer program for elementary students in Newton Public Schools. The program will run 15 days in July and pay 5 hours per day at the teacher summer rate.
- BA/M.Ed. in Physical Education.
- Experience teaching children and adolescents K-8 in physical education, health and wellness.
- Strong speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to teach and demonstrate activities, adapt and modify lessons and activities to fit the needs of all students including English learners and students with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works fully in-person.
- Follows health and safety protocols related to COVID-19.
- Create games and activities that focus on physical activity, motor skills and wellness.
- Create a responsive, fun and safe environment for all campers.
- Consistent, reliable and punctual attendance is essential for supervision and instruction of the students.
- Responsible for implementing “other job-related duties” as needed.