Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic and high-energy individual who enjoys being in the company of children.
- Knowledge of camp policies, rules, guidelines as well as general practices and procedures followed at Dawson Summer Camp.
- Oversees, plans and implements all camp activities including special activities and/or assignments with approval from the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Records and tracks camper’s dietary restrictions/allergies and ensures that the meals/snacks are distributed to them.
- Handles questions, problems, and concerns of parent/guardian before and after camp.
- Observes the peer culture to see if there are any problems and implements solutions as necessary.
- Intermediate tennis skills and knowledge of the game.
- Education and experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Must have worked a minimum of 460 hours supervising four or more school aged children and be able to provide appropriate documentation.
- Must have the physical ability to assist and participate in camp activities.
- Must have the ability to attend mandatory staff training.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required prior to the first day of camp.
- Lifeguard certification prior to first day of camp, if applicable.
- Experience in planning programs.