The BYU Swim Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in recruiting, coaching, and general team management of the Men's and Women's Swim Team. The Assistant Coach will also research and identify the latest trends in workout designs, assist swimmers to identify weaknesses in their strokes, and help them to correct and improve those weaknesses to be successful in competition.
- Assist Head Coach in organizing and directing various aspects of a highly competitive Division I swim and dive program.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of student-athletes. Comply with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects. Initiate the process for determining academic eligibility and issuing National Letters of Intent.
- Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, and Brigham Young University rules and regulations, specifically the Honor Code, as well as dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the Department and University.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including but not limited to: counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, when appropriate.
- Attend and assist in conducting regular practice sessions in and out of season, as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations. Assist in implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum individual and team levels.
What Qualifies You to Apply?
- Bachelor's degree (Must have required degree by start date).
- 2 years collegiate swimming experience and/or 2 years club swim coaching experience.