This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Swim Team Coach 2 of The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
1. Carry out the workouts set forth by the Head Coach or supervising Coach (3).
2. Correct and instruct all stroke and drill methods used by the team.
3. Attend any or dual meets, Instructional and Championship meets listed on the official team calendar.
4. Responsible to carry out additional tasks set forth by the Head Coach or supervising Coach.
5. Communicates the YMCA’s mission, objectives and programs to the community.
6. Promotes and incorporates the YMCA core values and character development into all activities.
7. Complete and current certifications are required to be allowed on the pool deck alone.
8. Executes the decisions of the supervisors and committees involving the operation of the Association.
9. Participates in Association wide duties, projects, registrations and events as deemed necessary.
This position requires a basic understanding of competitive swimming.
Must have at least 3-5 years of coaching experience.
Requires clear and encouraging communication skills.
Must acquire and maintain certifications required to coach a YMCA and USA swim team in New Jersey. This includes, but is not limited, to Red Cross or YMCA Swimming and Diving, Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid.
ASCA Level I Coach required, but is encouraged to enroll and pass ASCA Level’s II and III coach.
Required to complete Principles of YMCA Swimming course within 6 months.