Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director or Aquatics Coordinator, the Swim Coach provides excellent customer service while managing the swim team and assisting with the production of a quality swim team program. The Swim Coach creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with the YMCA of Central Florida policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned coaching responsibilities, including practices, recruiting, recordkeeping and scheduling.
- Lead swimmers through skill mastery and swim practices to achieve higher level of technique.
- Teach participants how to perform skills correctly. Design tailored workouts for the various levels of abilities and strengths using ASCA I Level Guidelines.
- Coordinate and set up swim meets. Collaborate with parents and members to secure volunteers to assist in running swim meets.
- Supervise swim meets, including warm-ups, practice dives, etc., to ensure the safety of the swimmers.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous swim coaching experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current YMCA Swim Coach or USA Swim Coach (for specialty such as USA Registered Water Polo, Synchro or Diving) certification required.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard/YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification required.