- Act as assistant coach for the Skagit Valley YMCA Aquatics (SVYA) swim team in the role of lead coach for multiple group practices Monday-Saturday and meets (generally once a month on weekends)
- Plan and writes workouts that are age and ability appropriate for each group.
- Develop and implement seasonal and long term plans for the progression of our age group program at all levels.
- Assist head coach and is fully involved in the organization and total well-being of the SVYA swim team by working with Head Coach in building team philosophy and attending all team functions.
- Act as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach.
- Make independent decisions by using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the athletes and Skagit Y at all times.
You’ve got this, if you are:
- A minimum age 18.
- USA Swim Coach certification and/or ASCA Level 1 (or willingness to obtain)
- Able to work evenings and some weekends.
- Have a minimum of two years coaching experience preferred.
- Competitive swim experience preferred.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of swimming and swimmer’s development.
- Strong sense of team building, sportsmanship and developing a safe environment for youth..
- Demonstrates ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.