The Swim Coach prepares and trains the Aquatic Center"s swim teams (youth and adult) and oversees all aspects of safety regulations for aquatic participants. The Swim Coach is a part-time position, and the hours will vary weekly and season. The Swim Coach works directly under the supervision of the Competitive Events Supervisor.
- Instructs children and/or adults in the four competitive strokes.
- Create and scale progressive training plans based on age and ability of swimmers.
- Safeguards and regulates conduct of team; enforces pool policies, rules and regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service to patrons.
- Facilitates inclusion of all participants, including those with physical, emotional and behavioral and/or developmental disabilities.
- Maintains proper updated safety and training requirements.
- Attends required in-service training and meetings.
- Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (preferred).
- Valid American Red Cross First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED Certification (preferred).
- Valid American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches (preferred).
- May be required to obtain/maintain other certifications as deemed necessary.