- Assisting the Aquatics Manager as needed and lead the effort in developing, managing and marketing our swim lessons program.
- Working under the direction of the head coach to assist with various job duties including helping with the Senior Group as needed and recruiting new swimmers.
- Emphasizing proper stroke technique and understand the progression for each training group.
- Conducting test sets, dry land sessions following the season plan, tracking performance and communicating this information to parents, conduct parent and athlete meetings, attending coaches’ meetings and all other functions related.
- Creating a training plan and conducting workouts geared towards maximizing the swimmer's potential for primary training groups of highly committed 12 & Unders while overseeing the developmental 14 & Under program.
- Working with all coaches to ensure that athletes 12 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
What you’re all about:
- A joy and enthusiasm for working with children and helping them improve their competitive performance.
- 3 years of previous coaching experience and/or aquatics experience and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming.
- An ASCA Level II certification (or higher) is highly desirable but not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor’s degree ideal.
- Exceptional communication and motivation skills with children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes.
- An attitude of inclusion and team building.