What you will be doing:
- Teach proper competitive swimming techniques and provides competitive swimming instruction to swim team members.
- Organizes and conducts team workouts.
- Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
- Maintain required certifications.
- Coach with enthusiasm, warmth and professionalism.
- Effectively communicates with participants about goals and progress, as well as parents regarding their child’s progress.
- Provide exceptional customer service in all interactions with participants, parents, and members.
- Notify Aquatics Program Coordinator when repairs or supplies are needed.
- Assists in getting swimmers signed up for swim meets both for individual and relay swims.
What you will bring:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching 101 and Foundations of Coaching 201.
- USA Swimming Rules and Regulations for Coaches.
- USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training Requirement.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified w/ Safety Training for Swim Coaches (or valid Lifeguard certification).
- All certifications must be current and in good standing with USA Swimming local LSC registration chair.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the technical and training aspects of competitive swimming with proven record of excellent swimmer progression.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Strong skills in time management, adaptability, attention to detail, and problem solving.
Shalom Austin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion*, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.