- Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
- Understands and is able to work in a fast-paced environment of competitive swimming.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, O2, First Aid certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification.
- At least 16 years of age.