RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with the other coaches to organize the swim team program at the assigned facility.
- Conduct practices, motivate students, and instruct students in athletic techniques.
- Work together with instructing students on the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the coaches, and Assistant Aquatics Coordinator
- Assess swimmer's skills, monitor students during competition and practice, and keep the
- Assistant Coordinator informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assist with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Model sportsman-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Work together with other coaches to submit a list of award winners at the end of each season.
- Participate in special activities, to include: parent's night, banquets, award nights, and fundraisers.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years competitive swimming.
- 1-2 years' experience coaching or teaching is preferred.
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR certification within six (6) months of hire date.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.