The Swim Coach is responsible for providing leadership, direction, hands-on development and implementation with the objective to yield the highest attainable levels of excellence in instruction, as well as individual and team performance for the Recreational Swimming program. This position assists with developing and coaching members of the swim team under the USA swimming guidelines.
- Develops appropriate means necessary to offer quality swim coaching while remaining up-to-date on current trends.
- Designs, organizes, and directs activities of participants in order to provide a high level of quality instruction for all participants.
- Provides constant feedback to participants to facilitate improvement.
- Assist with designing, planning, and implementing a workout curriculum for all levels.
- Works closely with the Swim Instructor and Swim Program Supervisor to identify participants of the “Learn To Swim” program with talents necessary and/or interests in participating on the swim team.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive communication with participants, parents, and supervisor.
- Teaches with encouragement and positive reinforcement and assists participants and parents/guardians in recognizing and understanding swimming developments and achievements.
- Works with the Swim Program Supervisor on an on-going basis to upgrades, improve and refine individual coaching skills related to the various age groups and skill levels of the swim team.
- A minimum of 15 years of age and training in teaching “Learn to Swim” classes is required.
- Previous competitive swimming experience preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence of required knowledge, skills and abilities. Water Safety Instructor certification preferred.