Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the swim coach will be responsible for the safety and education of swimmers enrolled in the varying YMCA swim team programs. They will serve as a role model by exemplifying high standards and values at all times.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program strategies, objectives, guidelines, and policies.
- Attends Swim Meets as assigned.
- Maintain attendance records for swimmers and practice log/skill list for each training group, make recommendations for training group level placement and changes.
- Attends all staff trainings and meetings as scheduled
- Participates in swimmer recruitment and retentions efforts.
- Model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 year or more of coaching experience, swimming experience, or experience related to the sport of swimming.
- Maintain necessary certifications including but not limited to Basic Life Support (CPR, First Aid and Oxygen), USA Swimming Certification (Athlete Protection, Coach’s Safety, Coaching 101 & 201, Rules and Regulations), and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse group of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
Swim Coach new